Thursday, August 2, 2012

Steak Diane with Grain Mustard

2weeks ago I did a peppered steak,I had some requests to do a similar steak without the peppers. Steak Diane is like that without the peppers. In my recipe
I include grain mustard instead of Dijon, I am also including brandy you change it to whiskey or you leave out if you wish. Again I am using the Kepak strip loin
e9 for 4 steaks, when you get them remove from pack and dry with kitchen paper



Ingredients
4 x 150g Strip loin steaks
1Tablespoon grain mustard
1Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (lea Perrin )
450Ml cream
25g Butter
Salt / Pepper
Method.
Cook 2 at a time
Heat some oil on a pan
Add a little butter
Dry steak with kitchen paper
Season and place on pan
Seal very well on face side
Turn over and cook to the required taste
Remove from pan and keep warm
Drain off any execs s oil from pan
Add brandy to pan if using
Pour in Worcestershire sauce and cream
Mix in the grain mustard
Bring to the boil
Reduce to required consistency
Serve with boiled potatoes tossed in butter with chopped green
Of spring onion

No comments:

Post a Comment