Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Background

Just to give you an idea of my background and what I have done.
I began my career at the age of 14 in The Royal Hibernian Hotel, Dublin, It was here I began my classical training. As part of this I was sent to complete my training in the South West of France. I spent 17 years in the Hibernian .
After 17 years in the Hibernian I moved onto the Abbot Hotel in Monkstown where I was head chef.
In 1980 I became a Chef Lecturer in Cert (The Irish Training Board). At this stage I was a member of the Panel of Chefs of Ireland and 10 years after this I became a member of the Worlds Master Chefs' Society.
In 1990 I started with CPC (Now Unilever) where I worked as their Executive Chef in Ireland (Sales/ Product Development).
Throughout my career I represented The Irish Culinary Team as a team participant and later as a team Manager at theCulinary Olympics in London, Frankfurt and Chicago
Over my career I have cooked for many Dignitaries from Princess Grace to Irish Presidents such as Childers, De Valera, Patrick Hillary to name but a few.

I retired in January 2011 and the idea of this blog is to share to you how easy it is to cook classic food. In my opinion the process of cooking has become over-rated. Classic healthy meals should be simple and easy to make.
I hope you can follow along and enjoy trying out some of these receipes. Please feel free to ask me any questions at any stage. If I can point you in the right direction I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment